Choosing what to include in your wedding welcome bag for guests can be challenging. What are the essentials? What will guests need? This guide covers what to put in wedding welcome bags for a great guest experience.
You want to be a good host and make sure your guest feels welcomed and prepared for the events ahead. However, you also don’t want to break the bank or buy things no one will use.
Let’s look at some of the potential wedding welcome bag essentials you should include along with. things to make your bag special.
Wedding Welcome Bag Essentials
Here are a few suggestions for what to include in a wedding welcome bag:
- Welcome letter from you. Use wedding stationary matching your wedding style to write a letter to your guests. Welcome them to the city and share how much it means that they came.
- Wedding weekend schedule. Nothing is more frustrating to a guest than having no idea what is going on during the wedding weekend. Give them a detailed schedule and locations of all wedding events.
- Venue information. Include a postcard or information packet from the wedding venue. Also a map of the venue and it’s relation to the city at large can be useful.
- Key contact info. Guest should receive a list of key people to contact. It’s usually a family member or the wedding planner. These contacts will be able to give information and answer questions that arise.
- Pen and Paper. Give your guests a way to write down any important last minute information or directions.
- Travel pack of tissues. Whether your guests get emotional or have allergies these tissues are helpful to have on hand.
- Chapstick. No matter what time of year this will be a welcome gift and much more so during the winter months.
- Hand sanitizer. Add a small travel size bottle of hand sanitizer guests can carry with them. This is especially useful is there are any outdoor wedding related activities!
- Hangover cures. If you are serving alcohol at your wedding then you should do the courteous thing and give guests some hangover cures for later. Make sure the wedding bag contains aspirin and water and maybe even a do-not-disturb door hanger.
- Creature comforts. Give your guests a little something special to help them relax and feel comfortable. Try a bottle of lotion or eye mask or bottle of bubble bath to turn a good wedding trip to a great one.
- City specific items. If you have a lot of out of town guests then it is a nice gesture to include destination specific items. We’ve created a Memphis specific wedding welcome bag list you can use as an example.
Where To Buy Wedding Welcome Bags
You can purchase welcome bags online to contain all these wedding welcome bag essentials. Many welcome bag options come in multiple colors so you can coordinate with your wedding color scheme.
Here are a few options:
These Welcome to our Wedding bags on Amazon might work.
The Knot Wedding Shop offers plain wedding welcome bags.
You can also personalize them with your wedding information.
Or you can go a different route and order reusable totes to make everything in the welcome gift bag super useful!
Whichever bags you choose, the contents inside are what matters most. Delight your wedding guests with a wonderful welcome to your wedding!