Lush gardens, classical architecture, and beautiful artwork create endless possibilities for a beautiful wedding at Dixon Gallery & Gardens.
About Dixon Gallery & Gardens
The Dixon Gallery and Gardens began when the Dixons bequeathed their home, gardens, and art collection for the benefit of future generations.
Since the start the Dixon has grown its collection in the museum and public gardens. The diverse and innovative programs for both the arts and horticulture prioritize learning and inspiration for the community.
The Dixon’s art collection features over 2,000 items and hosts 8-10 exhibits a year. This fits perfectly with the seventeen-acre campus that acts as a highly-regarded public garden with formal spaces, woodland tracts, and cutting gardens.
Weddings At Dixon Gallery & Gardens
The Dixon features sprawling, seventeen-acre grounds with two garden spaces to choose from for a wedding ceremony:
- the sweeping expanse of the South Lawn
- the more intimate circle of the Bowlin Stage
Both of these ceremony spaces can accommodate up to 200 people.
The Dixon offers the Hughes Pavilion for Memphis wedding receptions. The Hughes is an elegant facility, nestled in the gardens, which can be transformed to fit any mood.
For smaller, intimate settings for 15 people or less the Dixon also offers a vow exchange option with smaller garden backdrops to choose from throughout the property.
Tucked away in the Woodland Gardens, the Hughes Pavilion is an elegant wedding venue that features large skylights and floor-to-ceiling windows. The ample light and panoramic view of the gardens creates a natural feel and the surrounding patios allow your event to spill outdoors.
This wedding venue includes:
- Selection of tables and chairs
- Free parking
- Seasonal tenting – tents are up mid-March through mid-November
- Retractable projector screen and unequipped media cart
- Expansive garden views
- Easy access to the gardens and opportunities for access to the galleries
The Hughes Pavilion can accommodate up to 200 for a cocktail-style event or anywhere from 80 to 150 for a seated meal.
Catering at the venue is provided in-house by Park + Cherry by Chef Phillip Dewayne. Other wedding vendors can be chosen by the couple with flexibility.
Dixon Prices For Weddings
According to their website in 2022 the prices for weddings were as follows:
- Ceremony-and-reception: $7500.00* + $500.00 separate, refundable damage deposit ($8000.00)
- Reception-only or rehearsal dinner: $7000.00* + $500.00 separate, refundable damage deposit ($7500.00)
For more information on availability and pricing, contact the venue.
Real Weddings At Dixon Gallery & Gardens
Here are a few real weddings and engagements we’ve shared at this venue:
- Lauren & Lee’s Dixon Gallery & Gardens Memphis Wedding
- Memphis Garden Wedding At Dixon Gardens
- Andrew & Jennifer’s Dixon Garden Engagement
Location & Contact Information
Contact the venue:
- Visit: Dixon Gallery & Gardens, 4339 Park Ave, Memphis, TN 38117
- Call: 901-761-5250
Visit them online: