Are you in a slump as a married couple? Try out one of these date night ideas for married couples to help give your relationship a little boost.
Marriage is a beautiful thing, but it can be easy to fall into a routine and lose the spark that brought you and your partner together in the first place.
That’s why it’s important to make time for regular date nights to reconnect and keep the fire burning.
Here are some fun and romantic date night ideas for married couples to try.
At-Home Date Night Ideas
Staying home doesn’t mean you have to skip date nights. Just make the time for an at-home date night!
Here are some options for having an at-home dates:
- Cook a fancy dinner together. Choose a recipe you both love but don’t make often. Choosing something comforting but not common to cook together will create a special but fun experience.
- Have a spa night at home. Draw a bubble bath, light some candles, and give each other massages Taking the time to relax together on a date is something more stressed married couples need!
- Host a game night. Pull out your favorite board games or card games and make it a competition. You can play games just the two of you or invite over another couple for a double date night at home.
- Create a cozy movie night. Pick a movie you’ve both been wanting to see and make a big bowl of popcorn to share. Cuddle up together and enjoy the movie experience at home.
- Plan a surprise. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, plan a surprise date night for your partner and keep it a secret until the day of and deliver a surprise that night.
- Have a picnic in the backyard. Pack a basket with your favorite foods and enjoy a romantic picnic in the backyard together. Sometimes just a change of scenery makes a date fun.
You can do a lot of different little date nights at home as married couples. Brainstorm a few ideas and mark your calendar with dates for your favorite ideas!
Photo Themed Date Night Ideas
Taking photographs together can be a fun way to explore your creative sides while also capturing memories of your relationship.
Here are some date night ideas that focus on photography:
- Go on a photo walk. Take a walk around your neighborhood or a nearby park and take photos of the things that catch your eye. It can help you see things in a new way together.
- Have a themed photo shoot. Dress up in costumes, pick a theme and create a photo set in your home. You can take turns being the photographer and the model or a hire a photographer for professional photos.
- Create a photo album. Print out your favorite photos and create a physical photo album together. Create a photo album of your wedding or each different stage of your relationship together as a married couple.
- Have a photo scavenger hunt. Make a list of things to photograph and go on a hunt to find and capture them. You can do it together or as a friendly competition.
- Visit a new place. Explore a new place together, whether it’s a new city, a park or a tourist spot and take photos of your adventure together. Make sure you find all the most Instagrammable spots!
Photography can be a fun and creative way to spend time together and to capture memories of your relationship. So, grab your camera, and get ready for a romantic and fun-filled photographic date night with your partner.
Foodie Date Night Ideas
Food can be a great way to bond with your spouse. Trying new dishes and experimenting with flavors can make for a fun and romantic date night.
Here are some food-themed date night ideas to try:
- Cook a new recipe together. Choose a recipe you’ve both always wanted to try out at home. Select something new but achievable and celebrate a new experience and delicious meal together.
- Have a fondue night. Make a pot of cheese or chocolate fondue and dip fruits, bread or veggies in it. Pull together some items and flavor combinations you’ve been wanting to try together.
- Have a wine and cheese night. Sample different wines and cheeses together and discuss your favorites. Have each person contribute something to the charcuterie board you create together.
- Go to a cooking class. Sign up for a cooking class together and learn how to make a new dish.
- Have a sushi-making night. Learn how to make sushi together and enjoy learning how to create rolls. You can look up the basics on YouTube or even take a class to learn how to create sushi at home.
Food is a universal language and can bring people together, and these date night ideas are a great way to bond over a shared love of food. So, whether you’re a foodie couple or simply looking for a fun and unique date night idea, give these food-themed date night ideas a try and enjoy a romantic and delicious evening with your partner.
Adventure Date Night Ideas
Married couples can often get into a routine that doesn’t feel adventurous. After the excitement of the wedding and honeymoon it’s easy to lose your sense of adventure.
Try to bring it back with these adventurous date night ideas:
- Take a dance class together. Whether you love dancing or just need to learn, a dance class can be a great date night! Learn a new dance style and have fun trying something new.
- Go on a hike. Get some exercise and enjoy the beautiful outdoors while also enjoying each other’s company.
- Try a new activity. Sign up for a pottery class, cooking class, or wine tasting and make it a fun learning experience.
- Go on a road trip. Plan a weekend getaway to a nearby town or city and explore a new place together.
Having adventures together as a married couple can keep things fresh and exciting! Never be scared to try an adventurous date idea whether big or small!
Special Occasion Date Night Ideas
- Plan a surprise anniversary date. Make it extra special by planning a surprise date night for your partner to celebrate your anniversary or their birthday.
- Recapture your first date. Plan a date night that replicates your first date, from the place you went to the clothes you wore.
- Celebrate important milestones. Whether it’s your 5th anniversary or your spouse’s promotion, celebrate the milestones in your relationship together.
Date nights are a great way to keep the spark alive in your marriage and strengthen your bond with your partner.
Whether you’re looking for a fun at-home date night or an adventurous date night, there’s something for everyone.
Making time for regular date nights can help strengthen your relationships by making lasting memories together.
Want more date night ideas? Try out 11 Words of Affirmation Date Ideas and 20 Memphis Date Night Ideas.