If you’re looking to add some festive flair to your next event, a balloon garland is a fun and colorful way to do it. Here are some balloon garland tips and tricks to help you create a stunning display that stands out.
Why Use Balloon Garlands?
Balloon arches are an increasingly popular way to add a touch of fun and whimsy to any event.
They’re a versatile and affordable way to create a focal point or backdrop, and can be customized to match any theme or color scheme.
Balloon arches are also easy to set up and take down, making them a great option for anyone looking to add some flair to their event without a lot of hassle.
Plus, with the variety of materials available, such as metallic balloons and unique shapes and sizes, balloon arches can add an element of surprise and delight that guests are sure to remember.
Balloon Garland Materials
Before you get started, make sure you have all the necessary materials. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Balloons (in various sizes and colors)
- Balloon pump
- Balloon tape
- Fishing line or clear string
- Command hooks or other adhesive hooks (for hanging)
I’ve linked our favorites of each item so you can easily source them on Amazon.
Planning A Balloon Arch
Before you start assembling your balloon arch, it’s important to plan out the design.
Here are some things to consider:
- The location and size of the garland
- The color scheme
- The style of the garland (e.g., organic, classic, etc.)
- The type of balloons to use (e.g., latex, foil, etc.)
- The placement of any greenery or other decor elements
Once you have a plan in place, it will be easier to create the garland.
Photo: Ashley Benham Photography, Balloon Arch: Connor & Co
Balloon Garland Assembly
Putting the ballon garland or arch together will take some trial and error but the process is quite simple.
Here’s how to assemble your balloon garland:
- Inflate your balloons to different sizes. You can use a balloon pump or inflate them manually.
- Create clusters of balloons by tying them together in groups of 3-5. Vary the size and color of the balloons in each cluster.
- Attach the balloon clusters to the balloon with tape or glue dots. You can also use fishing line or clear string to tie the balloons to the tape or dots. Another style is to twist the balloons together so they stay connected without additional connectors.
- Assemble the garland by attaching the balloon clusters to the fishing line or clear string. Start with the middle of the garland and work your way outwards.
- Once you’ve created the garland, use command hooks or other adhesive hooks to hang it up.
You can use this style of balloon garland to create a number of different shapes and styles.
Photo: Whit Photography, Balloon Arch: Connor & Co
Balloon Garland Tips and Tricks
Here are some additional tips and tricks to help you create the perfect balloon garland:
Use an odd number of balloons in each cluster for a more natural look. You don’t want both sides to be the same because the asymmetry gives visual interest.
Vary the size and color of the balloons in the garland for added visual interest. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different types of balloons, such as latex and foil balloons.
Add some greenery or other decor elements to the garland to make it more interesting. Additional elements can break up the wall of balloons.
Shapes & Styles
Experiment with different shapes and styles, such as a half arch or a balloon chandelier. This can really make an impact on guests when it’s an unusual shape.
Secure Your Balloons
Be sure to secure them to prevent the balloons from floating away. This is especially important if you’re using helium balloons.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to create a stunning balloon garland that will impress your guests and make your event unforgettable.
Want more fun balloon decor ideas? Check out Giant Letter Balloons Wedding Ideas