If you are planning a budget wedding and feel overwhelmed with the cost of everything, we recommend making a small investment into a budget wedding planning book to help you save money and cut costs on your wedding. While you might resist the idea of another expense, buying a $10 book can literally save you thousands of dollars on your wedding. The following wedding planning books are all high recommended for brides on a budget.
Budget Wedding Book: Budget Weddings For Dummies
Are you planning a wedding, but worried about how much money you’ll have to spend? In today’s tough economic times, planning a budget wedding is more important than ever. This fun, money-saving guide is packed with tips for planning the wedding of your dreams without breaking your bank account!
Inside you’ll find tons of tips and advice for planning a budget-friendly celebration while still remaining true to your personality, values, and tastes. You’ll see how to make and keep your wedding budget; select the most economical time to get married; scope out wedding locations that fit the bill; and incorporate everything from economical to green ideas that emphasize style and elegance. Plus, you get tips and pointers for negotiating with vendors and avoiding hidden expenses and add-ons.
- Hands-on information for planning a stylish wedding while sticking to your budget
- How to get deals on gowns, tuxes, cakes, invitations, photography, food, and more
- Use your creativity (and friends and family) to save money on decorations, food, favors, and wedding attire
- Cut corners where no one will notice
- Set your own priorities for your big day
What brides say of Budget Weddings For Dummies:
- “Highly recommended book for anyone getting ready to plan a wedding – a must read for those looking for budget weddings or even moderate pricing…”
- “This book offers real solutions and advice to all aspects of the wedding. It gives great insight on how to have a great and beautiful wedding and not break the bank at the same time…”
Budget Wedding Book: 1,001 Ways to Save Money . . . and Still Have a Dazzling Wedding
With the average wedding costing more than $25,000, many brides-to-be are disappointed to find their ideas of a perfect wedding financially out of reach. But they don’t have to be! In this newly revised book, you’ll find plenty of updated budget-trimming tips and helpful websites to ensure that you have the best of everything-from cakes to caterers, from bridal registries to bridesmaids’ dresses, and from invitations to decorations-all at a fraction of what you might expect to pay.
You’ll also learn where not to cut corners, how to help your family and bridal party save money, and where to find free assistance, all without compromising on the wedding of your dreams. This valuable book also includes several cost-comparison sidebars that will help you make decisions that could save you hundreds-or thousands-of dollars. The savvy bride-to-be can’t afford to be without this comprehensive guide to turning a fantasy wedding into a reality!
What brides say of 1001 Ways To Save Money And Still Have A Dazzling Wedding:
- “This book was written to cater to any bride, no matter her budget, who is trying to save money. Some tips will work for those who have $10K to spend, some are aimed at those who have next to nothing…”
- “The author did list ideas that I had not thought of and I did find many of the suggestions for saving money helpful…”
- “This book comprehensive, so it has some budget ideas that you’ve undoubtedly already thought of (invite fewer guest), and some that you would never want to do (cleanup your own reception), or probably can’t pull off (do your own calligraphy). Yet, in the 1001 tips, you’re sure to find a couple good ones…”
Budget Wedding Book: Plan the Perfect Wedding on a Small Budget
For the millions of engaged couples who are trying to plan their weddings on smaller budgets, comes the newest wedding planning book from America’s top wedding experts. The tips, inspiration, ideas and planning advice in this book will prove that couples can have a beautiful, personal, memorable wedding for $10,000 or less — less than half of the national average.
This book features:
- Complete wedding planning information with a focus on money-saving tips, pitfalls to avoid, and DIY ideas for all aspects of the wedding
- Features the weddings of 13 real couples who planned and executed beautiful weddings on budgets of $2,000 to $10,000, including their advice, budget breakdowns, and full color photos of their weddings
No matter the size of their wedding budgets, readers will be inspired by these lovely real weddings, all with budgets of $10,000 and under.
What brides say of Plan The Perfect Wedding On A Small Budget:
- “This book is one of the best I’ve ever encountered…”
- “I purchased 2 copies of this book, one for my daughter and one for myself, along with a variety of other planning books. This one quickly became my daughter’s favorite…”
- “Knowing the various choices out there helped us create a dream wedding on less than $5000…”
Budget Wedding Book: Bridal Bargains
Finally, a wedding book for the rest of us. With average wedding costs soaring over $25,000, you need real life solutions and creative ideas to plan a wedding without going bankrupt. Bridal Bargains is the answer! Now in its 11th edition with over 700,000 copies in print, Bridal Bargains shows you:
- How to save up to 40% on brand new, nationally advertised wedding dresses.
- The best web sites to save on everything from flowers to gowns, invitations to, well, you name it.
- Fourteen creative ways to cut the catering bill at your reception.
- How to order flowers at wholesale online.
- Eleven questions you should ask any photographer—and seven money-saving tips to lower that photo expense.
- Affordable ways to print your own invitations at a 70% savings.
- A clever trick to save big bucks on your wedding cake.
- The best bargains on honeymoons, gift registries, rings, wedding videos and more!
- New! Green your wedding with eco-friendly invites, catering tips and more!
What brides say of Bridal Bargains:
- “I used this book when I was getting married and now I buy it for every one of my girlfriends when they get engaged!…”
- “Gave lots of straightforward tips, tricks, and ideas to save money on a wedding –namely, by not getting screwed over…”
- “This book cuts to the chase of wedding details- what you need to know, how you can save money, what matters, what doesn’t. I LOVE IT!…”
Budget Wedding Book: The Broke-Ass Bride’s Wedding Guide
For budget brides, including fans of TheBrokeAssBride.com, this is a definitive guide to saving money and making every dollar count during wedding planning, from the engagement party to the big day, without sacrificing style or personality.
Brides-to-be, do you dream of rocking a wedding full of personality, pizzazz, and style, without compromising your dreams or kissing your budget goodbye? Well, bust out your happy dance because today is your lucky day…you’re holding the key in your newly-betrothed hands!
In the pages of this witty guide, Dana LaRue, creator of thebrokeassbride.com, shares hundreds of tips and anecdotes for getting the most bang for your buck, celebrating your personality as a couple, and making wedding planning fun. She includes:
- The top 14 money-saving rules for choosing your location, dress, menu, and music—and most important of all, enjoying the day
- Engagement party and rehearsal dinner ideas that won’t break the bank
- 4 tips for finding your dream theme
- Sample budget breakdowns ($1,000; $5,000; $10,000; $15,000; and beyond) showing where couples saved and splurged
- Her very own road-tested advice for becoming a negotiation ninja
- 7 ways to keep your booze budget under control
- DIY décor projects and recipes you can make without risking a bridezilla meltdown
- Online planning shortcuts, tools to find savings, and helpful websites for organization and style inspiration
What brides say of The Broke Ass Bride’s Wedding Guide:
- “I found this book to be so innovative, gives us a whole new approach to planning a wedding without breaking the bank…”
- “Very entertaining while still giving new ideas and great advice…”
- “This was a great read for anyone not willing to break the bank and be married!…”