Lush outdoor surroundings and well-appointed facilities make the Garden a perfect site for your wedding, reception, business meeting, luncheon, holiday party, or other special event.
Wonderfully versatile, this space will accommodate up to 350 guests for seated dinners and 600 for conference or seminars. Should you choose for your event to flow out to the terrace and adjacent Four Seasons Fountain area, this space is perfect for even larger events. Hardin Hall may also be reconfigured for smaller gatherings.
The Goldsmith Room is part of the Goldsmith Civic Garden Center, originally constructed through a generous gift from the Goldsmith family for the people of the City of Memphis in 1964. Recently renovated, this 3,400-square-foot room will accommodate up to 150 guests, and is ideal for business meetings, luncheons, wedding receptions, holiday parties, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs and more. The Goldsmith Room may also be reconfigured for smaller meetings or gatherings.
Sara’s Place is a beautiful, modern building in the heart of the garden. This building is perfect for intimate dinner parties, wedding receptions, seminars, fundraising galas, birthday parties, and reunions. With 2750 square feet of event space, Sara’s Place will accommodate up to 100 people for seated dinners or 150 for cocktail receptions. Should your event flow to the adjoining terrace, or into the Garden, even more guests can be accommodated.
Water Garden Room
This elegant room offers a relaxing view of the Water Garden and accommodates up to 25 people. It is ideal for small luncheons or seminars, and is a popular venue for bridal or baby showers and children’s birthday parties.
Visitors Center/Grand Gallery
The combined spaces of Hardin Hall, Goldsmith Room, Water Garden, and adjoining areas provide the ideal setting for trade shows, corporate conferences, fundraising galas, and receptions for up to 1000 guests.
Looking for some true Southern hospitality? My Big Backyard’s Guest House is not just for children! From the old-fashioned rockers on the wrap-around porch to the outdoor patio and access to My Big Backyard family garden, this special space is available for event rentals after regular Garden hours. Rental of The Guest House includes access to My Big Backyard and is perfect for cocktail mixers, small seated dinners, receptions, even whimsical weddings! Creative event ideas are limited only by your imagination!
In honor of donors Ann and Robert Blecken, the Blecken Pavilion was built in the spring of 2010 and serves as a beautiful destination for many springtime weddings. Constructed amid the 142-plant Hydrangea Garden, this Pavilion set on a hill is a rustic structure with a striking view of the Garden and the perfect backdrop for a special event. This area also features a restroom/dressing room building.
This rustic retreat overlooks Audubon Lake and offers an ideal spot for casual gatherings, company picnics, family or class reunions, and other informal get-togethers. The Pavilion will accommodate up to 800 guests, and it’s a great place for the finish line of a charity walk.
With 96 acres of specialty gardens and sweeping vistas, the Garden offers nearly limitless options for outdoor weddings, company picnics, family or class reunions, and more. Call us at 901-636-4106 to start planning your next event!
Memphis Wedding Venue Basics:
- Location: East Memphis
- Rate: Varies. Contact for pricing for reception. Garden wedding from 2-600 guests is $600, Blecken Pavilion is $750.
- Size: Varies depending on venue choice. Max 1000.
- Ceremony & Reception: Yes. Beautiful outdoor wedding ceremony options.
- Restrooms: Bathrooms available.
Memphis Wedding Venue Food:
- Catering: Has a list of approved caterers.
- Alcohol: Alcohol allowed. Alcoholic beverages will be provided by Memphis Botanic Garden’s Catering Division. By law, Memphis Botanic Garden is required to provide all alcoholic beverage service. State law prohibits bringing alcohol onto the premises or leaving the premises with alcohol. Memphis Botanic Garden recommends one bartender per 100 guests. Events with a cash bar require a $150 bartender fee made prior to the event. Host bars require a $150 bartender fee paid prior to the event. This deposit is returned if the host bar sales reach $500. Prices and brands are subject to change.
More Memphis Wedding Venue Information:
- Rental items: Beautiful garden views, onsite beverage service, full-service catering kitchen, onsite security service, garden access for guests, set up, PA/Audio System, black-out screens for daytime visual needs, wireless Internet, Bride’s Room, roll-down screens for presentations.
- Parking: Free parking in lot.
Memphis Wedding Venue Directions:
Memphis Botanic Garden: 750 Cherry Rd, Memphis, TN 38117