Located at the original site of Stax Records, the museum pays tribute to all of the artists who recorded there with a rare and amazing collection of more than 2,000 interactive exhibits, films, artifacts, items of memorabilia, and galleries designed to keep Stax alive forever. Because it is the only soul music museum in the world, it also spotlights America’s other major soul music pioneers. The Stax Museum of American Soul Music adds a soulful, unique twist to any event when you want the atmosphere to be an exciting respite from the norm. After all, where else in the world can you treat your guests to dinner beside Isaac Hayes’ spinning, restored 1972 “Superfly” Cadillac El Dorado or have a buffet on the very spot where all of the legendary Stax Records were recorded? Whether you choose live music, DJs, your own CDs, or just the sounds of Stax that flow through the museum on a regular basis, you can feel comfortable knowing your guests will have a great time and plenty to talk about later. After all, it’s the world’s only soul music museum!
Memphis Wedding Venue Basics:
- Location: South Memphis
- Rate: Varies. Contact for pricing.
- Size: Varies. Up to 100 guests seated in legendary Studio A, events for up to 450 people.
- Ceremony & Reception: Yes. Authentic 105-year-old Mississippi Delta Church for intimate weddings or renewing vows.
Memphis Wedding Venue Food:
- Catering: Approved list of caterers.
- Alcohol: Alcohol allowed. Contact for details.
More Memphis Wedding Venue Information:
- Rental items: Two portable bars and up to 80 chairs provided.
- Parking: Museum parking lot.
- Coordination: Event planner to help with arrangements included.
Memphis Wedding Venue Directions:
Stax Museum: 926 E McLemore Ave, Memphis, TN 38126