If you’re planning a simple spring bridal shower or want a DIY handmade cake topper for your wedding, you might want to try creating a simple fabric cake bunting.
We whipped up this easy cake bunting for some Easter cupcakes in just a short time with only a few supplies. Easy DIY projects are the best DIY projects!
- Cut twine to desired length for line of bunting
- Cut 2 inch length of fabric tape.
- Fold fabric tape over the twine then connect on both sides and smooth out.
- Move down half an inch repeat steps with another piece of fabric tape.
- Continue folding over pieces of fabric tape until twine is covered.
- Use scissors to cut triangle piece from bottom of fabric tape bunting pieces.
- Cover bamboo skewers in fabric tape.
- Tie bunting to ends of bamboo skewers. Play around with length to get desired look.
- Place skewers in cake and or cupcakes and enjoy!
The use of fabric tape gives you the appearance of cute fabric bunting without all the extra work. If you don’t know how to sew then this easy DIY project will let you create an adorable fabric bunting! Even if you do know how to sew, it might just be a time saver project for you!
Since we were inspired by spring and Easter colors, our no-sew fabric cake bunting was comprised of several different colors! We used pinks, greens, and whites with a floral pattern.
If you are feeling fun you can create different lines, styles, shapes, and lengths of fabric cake bunting and combine them. We played around with using two lines of different sizes and shapes to create a fun and quirky style with lots of depth. For such a quick project it definitely makes an impact!
What can you use no-sew fabric cake bunting for?
- bridal showers
- bachelorette parties
- wedding decorations
- birthday parties
- for your own cupcakes to make your day brighter!
What’s left to do? Enjoy your cakes or cupcakes!