As Memphis based wedding bloggers, we are pretty proud of our hometown. We aren’t the only ones! I Love Memphis Blog shared 11 Reasons To Be Proud of Memphis, and we wanted to share the list as well.
Reasons To Be Proud Of Memphis
Here are the reasons given to be proud of Memphis:
- USA TODAY 10Best reader polls named Graceland the “#1 Best Iconic American Attraction”, “#1 Best Musical Attraction” and “#1 Best Historic Southern Attraction”
- Memphis Zoo was named one of America’s 10 Best Zoos by Fodor’s Travel.
- Indie Memphis Film Festival is a “Top 50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee” and a “Top 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World” according to MovieMaker Magazine.
- Sun Studio was named as a “Best Musical Attraction” by USA TODAY 10Best.
- National Civil Rights Museum named “#3 Best Iconic American Attraction” by USA TODAY 10Best.
- Memphis (home of the Memphis Grizzlies) was named as the “Best NBA Destination” by USA TODAY 10Best.
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music named as a “Best Musical Attraction” by USA TODAY 10Best
- Charlie Vergos’ Rendezvous, Payne’s BBQ and Interstate BBQ featured in “Top 10 BBQ Joints in the South” by Expedia.
- Beale Street named as “America’s Most Iconic Street” by USA TODAY 10Best.
- Memphis in May Beale Street Music Festival rated as the “Best Southern Event” by USA TODAY 10Best
- Memphis named one of “North America’s Best Paddling Towns” by Canoe & Kayak Magazine.
Those are great reasons to be proud of Memphis.
They are also great reasons why out-of-town guests love coming to Memphis weddings. There is a ton of great things to do in Memphis for visitors!
We’re pretty proud of Memphis over here!
It’s why we love creating content about Memphis and sharing amazing wedding vendors. There is a lot of talent in this city!
Here are some of our favorite Memphis location centric posts:
And our favorite Memphis themed wedding ideas:
- Memphis Skyline Wedding Invitations & Place Cards
- Memphis Tigers Wedding Inspiration
- Personalized Memphis Map Print Gift Idea
Our Favorite Memphis Weddings
We are quite proud of Memphis and the progress over the last few years.
We share weddings from all over Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas, but we will always have a special place in our hearts for Memphis.
Below we’ve picked a few of our favorite Memphis-centric wedding images from previous featured real weddings and engagements.
I love Memphis, indeed!
Of course we still have plenty of work to do here to improve our city. As we strive to create better lives for all Memphians we can also take pride in what already exists. There are many reasons to be proud of Memphis.